INTRODUCTION OF DARMASISWA SCHOLARSHIP
DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 59 universities in 2017. This program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. However, in 1976 this program was extended further to other countries. Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 111 countries and organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), Republic of Indonesia.
The main purpose of DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
The applicant should register through the following procedures:
Prospective student are required to register at the Embassy/ Consulate General in the country or origin of student and for students who are not in the students home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
II. SCHEDULE OF PROGRAM
1. Online Registration ( 9 December 2016 – 9 February 2017 ).
2. Interview at The Embassy of Republic of Indonesia ( 13 February – 3 March 2017).
3. First Option Academic Selection ( 4 March – 10 March 2017 ).
4. Second Option Academic Selection ( 13 March – 31 March 2017 ).
5. Announcement of The Selection Results ( 7 April 2017).
6. Conﬁrmation of Participant ( 8 April – 16 June 2017)
7. Submitting Flight Itinerary ( 8 April – 1 August 2017).
8. Orientation ( August, 2017).
9. Commencement of Program : (September, 2017).
III. QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENT
1. Preferably Student
2. Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
3. Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age
5. Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia (Proven by English Language Proﬁciency Certiﬁcate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
6. In good health as proved by Medical Certiﬁcate.
7. Have basic knowledge of the ﬁeld you’re applying.
IV. INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE TICKET
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the International airfare to/from Indonesia.
V. COVERAGE OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.850.000,- (Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado), Area 2 Rp. 2.450.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang, Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda).
2. Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
3. Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
4. Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
5. Students may seek assistance from Host University in ﬁnding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend.
VI. REQUIRED DOCUMENT
1. Curriculum vitae/resume.
2. Medical Certiﬁcate.
3. Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia (estimated arrival : 1st August 2017).
4. Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
5. Last academic transcript and certiﬁcate (in English).
6. Language certiﬁcate (if applicable).
7. Other certiﬁcates that related to the ﬁeld you’re applying (if applicable).
8. Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
VII. HEALTH INSURANCE
The Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) will not provide health insurances; therefore the student are expected to have the International insurance.
For further information please visit: http://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id
Afghanistan, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, New Caledonia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherland, New Zealand, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunis, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Comoros, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Jordan, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Download the leaflet here: leaflet darmasiswa