Indonesian International Student Mobility Awards is the Government of the Republic of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students for mobility program at top universities overseas. Undergraduate students could spend one semester at the overseas university partner to study, to experience the host country’s culture and undertake practical assignments to enhance their skills.
The scheme is centrally managed by Directorate General of Higher Education, Research, and Technology (DGHERT), Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology (MoECRT) and is open for undergraduate students from all Indonesian Higher Education Institutions under DGHERT.
20 Credits: Guaranteeing 20 credits transferred to Indonesian universities to ensure students will not be left behind due to following IISMA program in host universities. 20 credits is gained through academic and activities taken based on students’ interest.
Multidisciplinary: Giving students chance to learn multidisciplinary knowledge based on each student’s interest through various courses. They are free to choose courses which do not have correlation with their department in home universities.
Knowledge & Skill: Giving students chance to gain knowledge and skills from world renowned universities in 30 countries. A great chance to learn to lecturers with good capability in their field of study.
Cross-cultural Understanding: Increasing students’ cross-cultural understanding through gaining experience in host countries. Students also can develop cross-cultural skills as they study and stay in the same class with locals.
Networks: Enhancing networks in international level through meeting local and international students, lecturers and society. Networks can be gained by involving in academic and non-academic activities in host universities.
Career: Preparing qualified graduates with experience, knowledge and skills to gain future careers. Learning experience abroad can give more values as important part of students’ equipment for future workplace.
The Awards’ Coverage
To make the best out of participants` mobility program, they will be granted these following benefits:
- Registration & tuition fee
- Transportation allowance
- Settlement and living allowance
- Health insurance
- Visa allowance
- Book allowance
- PCR tests
To apply for IISMA 2022, you must (be):
- enrolled as an active Undergraduate Indonesian Student of recognized universities in Indonesia under Directorate of Higher Education, Culture, Research, and Technology (DGHERT) during application and during the program;
- an Indonesian citizen (WNI) currently residing in Indonesia and do not have dual citizenship;
- in the 4th or 6th semester at the time of the program application in 2022;
- maximum 23 years old on July 1, 2022;
- never have taken college leave during undergraduate study;
- never have participated in an overseas physical mobility/exchange program including: Summer Program, Internship, Exchange, Credit Mobility, Sit-in, Dual/double degree during undergraduate study;
- have a cumulative GPA of minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) proven by latest academic transcript;
- have adequate English proficiency with minimum score of IELTS – 6.0, TOEFL iBT – 78, Duolingo English Test – 100*; (check here)
- nominated by the Vice Rector of Academic Affairs of your home university;
- not receive the living allowance from the other funding/scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology and Indonesian Endowment Fund (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan – LPDP) during the IISMA Program;
- not participating in other Kampus Merdeka programs at the same time as the IISMA Program;
- not have participated in more than one (1) Kampus Merdeka Program prior to the IISMA Program;
- never have violated the rules, norms, and/or laws applied in Indonesia;
- willing to follow the rules and regulations during participating in IISMA.
- Recommendation letter signed by Head of International Office on behalf of Vice Rector of Academic Affairs. Download Here
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS/TOEFL-iBT/Duolingo).
- Academic transcript (in English).
- Declaration of Non-Enrollment in A Physical/Non-Online International Student Mobility/Exchange Program. Download Here
- Declaration of Clearance from Narcotic, Psychotropic, or other addictive substance. Download Here
- Declaration of Non-Involvement in Sexual Violence. Download Here
Steps to Apply
Click this link for the procedure: https://site.iisma.id/iisma-2022-application-procedure/
Shortlisted Universities https://s.id/shortlistuniv
The Course List https://s.id/courselistiisma
Socialization: November 2021 – March 2022
Registration: 1 – 31 March 2022
Assessment/Selection: April 2022
Successful candidates announcement: April 2022
Pre-departure Briefing: May – August 2022
Departure: December 2022 – January 2023