Accounting » Introduction
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM IN ACCOUNTING
In the International Accounting Program (IAP), we promote international educational standards to every student. We strive to achieve a better academic environment in all our academic activities for those who wish to benefit from higher education. Change is a must, and improvements are in place. Our desire to become a vibrant higher education institution has led to the establishment of an international program.
Founded in 2005, the program was formerly named “Pre‐International Class” (PIC). It was then in 2011, the program has been “International Accounting Program” (IAP). It is an international undergraduate program under the Department of Accounting, Faculty of Economics, Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh. The program is fully organized with English as its instructional language. International curriculum has been integrated into a formal teaching‐learning process. In 2009 we have an agreement with the University of Kentucky, USA. A dual degree program has been agreed to be implemented in the coming years. More cooperation with abroad universities is to be achieved.
IAP is now a leading program in the Syiah Kuala University, the lovely heart of the Acehnese, which attracts not only local and national intakes but also international students. A number of students from Turkey and Uzbekistan are pursuing their bachelor degree in this International Accounting Program (IAP).
Core Values In the international Accounting program we have a number of core values and are committed to:
- Treating individuals fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Celebrating the achievement of our students and staff.
- Appreciating spiritual values as the ethical foundation of our activities.
- Enhancing students’ leadership skills by involving them in academic and extracurriculars.
We are heading to the future accomplishment that our graduates are:
- Competence in accounting skills.
- Relevant for current and future job market.
- Able to compete globally.
- Having entrepreneurial orientation.